With all the hustle and bustle in the office, sometimes one can’t help but overlook the importance of maintaining office cleanliness. So if you’re wondering what your maintenance crew ought to be doing on a daily basis, below is a basic cleaning checklist that can help ensure your workplace is as clean and as germ-free as possible.
- Vacuum all hard floors, carpets and mats
- Use disinfectant to mop the floor as well as to wipe horizontal surfaces
- Dust all tables, desks, chairs and other furniture
- Get rid of cobwebs from entryway
- Clean marks such as fingerprints from around door frames and light switches
- Spot clean painted surfaces and walls
- Clean all glass including glass doors
- Collect the trash including papers and bottles between buildings and especially in front of the office entrance
- Remove trash from bins and replace the bin liners
- Empty and wipe the trash bins then replace the bin liners
- Use disinfectant to mop the floor
- Dust the door sills, partitions and the tops of frames and mirrors
- Sanitise basins and wipe away the splash marks on the walls around them
- Stock hand towels, facial and toilet tissue, and hand soap
- Wipe the hand dryers and cabinet doors or covers clean
- Polish all chrome fittings such as taps
- Disinfect urinals and toilets and wipe them dry afterward
Aside from these two main areas in your office premises, it is also best to make sure that the stairs and lifts are clean and clutter-free. Start by vacuuming all hard floors and mopping it with disinfectant. Spot clean the glass in lifts as needed. Then polish bright work and brass and removing rubbish in the area.
Lastly, all glass from within and outside the office should be cleaned at least once a week with a squeegee.
Getting an office cleaning professional in London can help ensure that your office remains tidy and germ free. If you are looking to hire a professional cleaning service in London or nearby areas, you can give us a call on 020 8994 4778 or contact us by email at Info@rpccleaning.co.uk