When the weather is nice and the sun is shining, the last thing you want to think about is cleaning! But with the Summer and hot weather comes new cleaning challenges such as grass stains on carpets and drops of melted ice cream on furniture!
Please find our five top cleaning tips that can help your Summer cleaning schedule become a breeze!
- Outside furniture and patios. To clean the patio – you only need 30 minutes and a little elbow grease. First, clean the patio of as many objects as possible, then pull out any weeds using a small hand shovel or knife, pouring salt between the tiles to help stop them returning. Sweep the patio thoroughly removing debris and dirt. Rinse with a hose or pressure washer and finally scrub with a stiff brush using a cleaning solution if still grimy! For plastic patio furniture, spray and wipe down with a cleaning product and use a soft brush to remove any dirt.
- The Bathroom. Remind everyone to keep the window open or fan on particularly during showers and wipe down surfaces that accumulate moisture straight after use.
- The utility room and laundry. Summer presents an entirely different set of stains compared to other seasons. These include condiments, ice cream, grass and dirt stains. Make sure clothing or upholstery items are treated with stain removers straight away and seek advice for special fabrics.
- The kitchen. Make sure that all perishable items such as fruit and vegetables are kept in the coolest places possible to avoid them going bad and rotting. During the Summer you will need to rotate these items more than usual and avoid over buying. Also, ensure that crumbs and other debris are not left to linger for too long – such as behind the toaster as these can be a haven for flies and other pests.
- The bins. Hot temperatures can cause a stinky reminder. Now is the time to give rubbish bins a full scrub down and air them regularly.
Professional cleaners can help maintain your home and office during the Summer.
RPC Cleaners is one of the top professional cleaners in London.
Contact us at +44 20 8994 4778 for great cleaning tips and services.