There are approximately 12 million people in the UK who suffer from dust mite allergies – are you ready for the facts?
Studies show that the dust mites thrive in modern home environments, which are often fully-carpeted, double-glazed and draft-proofed. The mites feed on the skin scales that we all shed, hence why they love our beds and soft furnishings.
Although the mites go about their business, largely unseen by the human eye, they can cause allergies to those that are sensitive to them. Many people may not know that their sneezing, wheezing or even eczema may be the results of exposure to dust mites. Sufferers feel worse in the morning and when sitting on infested soft furnishings like sofas, upholstered chairs and carpets.
The cause of the allergic reaction is that people become allergic to the proteins in the mite faecal pellets. The life cycle from egg to adult is just 30 days. Each egg laying female mite can increase the population by 40-80 every six weeks and in just one gram of dust there are as many as 3,000 mites.
The mites survive ordinary vacuum cleaning because they burrow deep and are equipped with sucking pads on their feet. They are difficult to eradicate.
So, how do you get rid of them I hear you ask? Well, here are a few ideas:
• You could emigrate! The mites cannot survive if the humidity falls below 40% (hence why they are rare in dry, high altitudes);
• Anti-dust programmes will reduce the number of mites but dead mites are more difficult to remove than live ones;
• Cleaning regularly and thoroughly;
• Curtains should be replaced with light weight ones that can be cleaned and washed regularly. This also applies to blinds;
• Call RPC Cleaning Services who are a professional carpet and upholstery cleaning company, based in London
Why call RPC Cleaning Services?
• RPC specialise in Dry Carpet Cleaning
• RPC specialise in Carpet and Upholstery Cleaning
• RPC Cleaning Services are an Accredited Service Agent for the New Max Germ Guard Fibre Shield
• Max Fibre Shield is proven to eliminate dust mites
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org should you wish to find out more about our services, or telephone 0208 994 4778.