Unless we are superwomen, we cannot do all of tasks in the house – all at once! Either we do not have time, manpower or expertise to do them. As a result, there are areas in our homes that we often overlook, and consequently, the area may become out of use and our world temporarily gets disrupted.
In your next general cleaning schedule, it’s about time to include areas that we usually take for granted but will make our lives a little bit miserable when they are not properly working or are hopelessly cluttered. So we have put together 5 home maintenance tasks that are often overlooked or neglected and these are:
1. Checking your Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning (HVAC) system. If you have not done this in the last 12 months, consider doing this in the very near future before you suffer heat stroke in the summer or frostbite in the winter. Because HVAC cleaning is not for the DIY enthusiast, you need to contact professional maintenance crew to do the job.
2. Giving the doors attention. Make sure that your doors are properly oiled so that they open and close smoothly. Degrease the tracks of sliding doors, as well as the hinges of the non-sliding ones.
3. Checking your washing machine. As we change sheets and curtains, and therefore do lots of laundry regularly, make sure that your washing machine is up to the job. Replace the washing machine hoses if these are at least two years old, or they show signs of cracking.
4. Pest control. Inspect your gardens and other areas that are not often touched for signs of rats, ants and other insects. If these elements are present, consult the professionals on how to get rid of them. Treating them the wrong way might only transfer the pests from one area to another, instead of totally exterminating them.
5. Cleaning your garage. Aside from the convenience of having storage space, a clean garage can also be an extra place for entertaining guests if they have overflowed from the receiving areas. While we can do this task ourselves, we can get suggestions from the experts as to how to maximise the use of garage space.
With all household cleaning tasks that need doing, we tend to forget minute details that greatly contribute to the efficient running of our households. This is why we need professionals to conduct general inspection of our homes at least once a year to ensure that we have every maintenance activity covered.
RPC Cleaning can do a check list and help draw up your home maintenance plan for the whole year. Call them at 020 8994 4778 for more details.